Monday, March 22, 2010

Fingerprints, fingerprints, fingerprints!!!!


WOW! What frustration! The FBI has tried to read my fingerprints again, and found them unreadable! The first time took five weeks, while DeVon passed with "flying colors" and they found NO arrest record. But mine, which were taken with ink, were unreadable. We got that notice the day before Christmas and hustled around trying to find another police agency that could take my prints that day. Weber County Sheriff's Dept. did a digital set of prints for me and we sent them off the day after Christmas. Then on Thursday, March 11th, after 10 1/2 weeks of waiting, I phoned the FBI to find out they were unreadable again! I found out that I could send in up to five sets of prints this third time. The Mission Department in SLC suggested we go to the BCI in Taylorsville and they used Corn Huskers Lotion on my hands to build the ridges for better prints. They took three digital sets and 2 with ink. We mailed them off the next day. They have now had them 1 week today, and they tell us the current wait time is 13 weeks! UG! We are hoping to have this third request expedited so we can start out mission. Tentatively we are to leave for training on May 10th. Wish us luck!

No comments: